Top Ten Landscaping Rules and Murphy’s Law
10. Your lawn is always slightly bigger than your desire to mow it.
9. Whichever garden tool you want is always at the back of the
8. The only way to ensure rain, is to give the garden a good
7. Weeds grow at precisely the rate you pull them out.
6. Nothing ever looks like it does on the seed packet.
5. Autumn follows summer, winter follows autumn, drought follows
4. The only way to guarantee some color all year round is to buy a
3. However bare the lawn, grass will thrive in the cracks between
the patio paving stones.
2. Evergreens go a funny shade of brown in the winter.
1. When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a
weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the
ground easily, it is a valuable plant.